Mrs Pickens' Third Grade Class

Friday, December 17, 2010

AR News!!!

I'm sorry to be out today, but I finally have surrendered to what's going around at school.  With plenty of antibiotics and sinus medicine, I will be back on Monday!  I do want to take some time to brag on our Accelerated Reader Goal winners this 9 weeks.  The cutoff for making your goal is this afternoon at 3:30 and Ms. Murphy will give some time for reading and test taking up till the end of the day.  Next Monday, we are planning a "Craft and Pizza" reward for our third grade winners in the afternoon.  Remind your child that in order to make his/her AR goal, two things need to happen:  1) reach their point goal at 100%, and 2) score an average of 85% in comprehension scores.  I am also SO PROUD of our class as a whole!  We made a class goal of 300 pts. for our entire class for the 9 weeks.  I didn't think we could really make it, but they surprised me by scoring 310 points!!!  This meant that many who made their own personal goal early continued to read and take tests to contribute.  We will be voting on our reward for after Christmas.  Again, congratulations to our SUPER READERS!!!
                 Chaney      James    Allison     Travis      Darrin      Ryan     Erin
                           Alyssa       Karlie


We will be taking the STAR reading test again after Christmas.  This will determine your child's new (maybe improved) ZPD level.  I will then meet with each child to set their third 9 week AR goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment